Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Modified from a recipe that I've been using since I was 10-years-old--these are a family favorite.
- 1 cup margarine (softened) or 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream margarine or butter with sugars in a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture.
- You should be able to roll dough into balls without it sticking too much. If dough is too sticky, add a little more flour. If it is too stiff, add a little milk.
- Roll dough into balls. You can dip them in sugar at this point or just put them directly onto the UNGREASED baking sheet.
- Place about 1.5 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets *unless the sheet is notorious for sticking*.
- Using a fork, flatten the balls a bit.
- Bake in 375° oven for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.