Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
After many trials, this is the best peanut butter cookie I've tasted. Just a bit different than many of the others but the shortening used does make for a different cookie; crisp and crunchie. As with all hand-formed cookies, kids love to make them.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- Cream sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4" balls; place about 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375°, 9-10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and then remove from cookie sheet.
This is the best peanut butter cookie recipe I've ever had. I've made these for years courtesy of my 1996 Betty Crocker cookbook. I get rave reviews for these cookies every time I make them. Everyone should have this recipe in their recipe box. Try these, you won't be sorry. I'm happy to see it on here. :)