Recipe by THE chimes
I took my favorite PB cookie recipe that I've been making since I was 10-years-old and revamped it a bit to make it slightly more healthy. I also doubled the original recipe since it didn't make much.
- 1 cup light margarine (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375° .
- Cream together margarine, sugars, peanut butter, and eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet mixture.
- Dough should be somewhat firm, and you should be able to easily pick it up without it sticking to your hands. If not, add a little more flour. If dough is too stiff, add a little milk.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls. You can roll them in sugar as well (the 1/4 cup set aside).
- Place on an UNGREASED baking sheet 1.5 inches apart (if it is notorious for sticking, I would grease it though).
- Using a fork, flatten the balls.
- Place sheets in oven for 10-12 minutes or until darker brown around the edges.