Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was another of my submissions for this years National Peanut Festival recipe contest. Unfortunately, this one didn't win anything, but it's still a tasty easy recipe. *Note, make sure you bake the crust part long enough...my first batch I didn't, and it came out very doughy tasting.
- 650.62 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 78.07 ml chunky peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 118.29 ml chunky peanut butter
- 354.88 ml crushed corn flakes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first eight ingredients and mix well.
- The batter will be thick.
- Press into an undreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl; stir in cornflakes.
- Carefully spread on top.
- Cut into bars.