Recipe by loriyeargan
This was another of my submissions for this years National Peanut Festival recipe contest. Unfortunately, this one didn't win anything, but it's still a tasty easy recipe. *Note, make sure you bake the crust part long enough...my first batch I didn't, and it came out very doughy tasting.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first eight ingredients and mix well.
- The batter will be thick.
- Press into an undreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl; stir in cornflakes.
- Carefully spread on top.
- Cut into bars.