Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a good snack for kids of all ages!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup room temp butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter or 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, egg, butter, peanut butter, shortening, vanilla and salt, mixing well.
- Press into an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the melted chocolate chops and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Stir in corn flakes.
- Spread on top of the warm peanut butter bars and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Lightly press into the chocolate mixture.
- Cut into bars.