Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
These are really delicious. I made a big batch of them yesterday and my DH took 1/2 the recipe to work with him. I love the crunchy, peanutty sweetness of these treats!
- 3⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup cacao, nibs (ground fine)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal (I roasted slivered almonds and ground them up)
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 5 cups corn flakes (I used organic amaranth, oat bran flakes and blue corn flakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the agave nectar in a large microwave bowl.
- Grind up your cacao and almonds separately. You can also use unsweetened coco powder and almond meal in this if you don't have the raw cacao and almonds.
- Add the cacao and almonds to the agave nectar. Stir well. Add the cornflakes and mix to coat.
- Put the whole thing into your food processor. Pulse until you have a rough mixture. Open the lid and taste it. It should be fairly sweet. If you want more sweetness add a little more agave, but not too much, you don't want this to be runny.
- Put into your microwave safe bowl and heat for about 2 minutes until warm.
- Roll into balls and put on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until set.
- I put mine in a plastic container and returned to the fridge.
- Bon Appetit!