I tasty breakfast dish that uses the "super food" quinoa. Quinoa's protein content is very high, making it great vegetarians and vegans. It also contains a balanced set of essential amino acids for making it an unusually complete protein source and is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus. Quinoa is gluten-free and high in magnesium and iron. What a better way to start the day!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium high heat.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to sit for an additional 15 minutes.
- 4Top with toasted pecans and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Peaches and Cream Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g