Recipe by wild_flower98
Good recipe for a hot day. Not something for everyone but really tasty. When I make it I use regular prepared mustard since I don't like dijon mustard. Would be great for brunch!
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced 1/4 1 cup monterey jack cheese -- diced 1/4
- 8 ounces ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl toss together the peas (still frozen), celery, water chestnuts, onion, green pepper and cheese.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing, sour cream and dijon.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in bacon and sunflower seeds and stir well.
- Chill for several hours.