Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Giada de Laurentis recipe from the Food Network. Super fast and easy; a real kid pleaser! The dipping sauce is optional....
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders (about 18)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of oil over each of 2 heavy large lined baking sheets. Place the buttermilk in a large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and stir to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the garlic with the salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and then the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with pepper. Transfer the vinaigrette to a small serving bowl.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a pie dish. Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely, pressing to adhere. Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over the chicken tenders and bake until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 14-18 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve the vinaigrette alongside for dipping.
I've been making this recipe for years! They always turn out moist and flavorful. The buttermilk us key. LOVE this recipe :)
These chicken tenders are wonderful! My husband and I try to make these every time we have chicken breasts. The Italian bread crumbs really make the chicken different, and in an easy, quick way. A must try!!!
These are good. I find that is is very important to use a baking rack with baking these. I have not tried the dipping sauce.