Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This crispy coating is also terrific on skinned and boned chicken thighs or pork chops. From Southern Living.
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1⁄2 cup fine seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Very good!! I added some onion powder, salt and paprika to the dry ingredients just for some flavor. The coating is really delicious it stayed crunchy on the outside and held all the juice inside! My kiddos and I enjoyed it and I will make it again! Thank you :)