Top Review by Buckeye Mom
Unfortunatly, I have to rate this very low. I followed the recipe exactly as it is written and it just was not good. (I used Cod.) Not one of us was able to eat it. The fish was perfectly cooked...just the flavor of the breading was not good.
- 1 lb fish fillet, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut fish into serving size pieces.
- Mix flour, lemon pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg white until frothy; place in another shallow dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel, and basil in a third shallow dish.
- Dip top of fillets into flour mixture; Shake off any excess.
- Dip tops into egg white; coat with crumb mixture. Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place fillets in pan, coating side up; tuck under thin edges.
- Bake for 6 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.