Recipe by Sharon123
Minimum last minute preparation makes this a perfect recipe for company. Make it ahead of time and freeze it for up to 2 weeks. Prep time includes freezing time.
Top Review by Junebug
This was so quick and easy to make. I was unable to find fresh strawberries and even with frozen strawberries it was absolutely delicious! It will be great to have in the freezer and just pop it in the oven for overnight guests! Thanks Sharon123 for sharing this wonderful recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed to 1 cup
- 8 slices French bread, diagonally cut (3/4 inch thick)
- strawberry syrup
- fresh strawberries
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- In shallow bowl, combine eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Place crushed cereal in shallow bowl.
- Dip bread slices, one at a time, into egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed.
- Dip each bread slice into crumbs.
- Place in a single layer in greased pan; cover.
- Freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve with strawberry syrup and strawberries.
- Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.
- Yield: 8 slices.