Recipe by Boomdog02
Chicken wings soaked in buttermilk, coated with corn flake crumbs, baked crisp and drizzed with hot pepper honey glaze...you can't stop eating them!
Top Review by Marsha D.
Oh WoW! We loved this recipe! I couldn't wait 4 hrs for the wings to soak in the buttermilk, I waited 1 hour. I haven't ever used the Kellogs cornflake crumbs before but from now on I will. I was surprised with the coating. It was crunchy after baking. YUM! and I love the honey and red pepper although I didn't pour over the wings just dipped them in it. Was DELICIOUS! This is going right into my favorite recipezaar cookbook. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 20 chicken wings, tips removed, disjointed
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups kellogs corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons red chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the wings in buttermilk, 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 385 degrees.
- Drain wings in colander.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except chili flakes).
- dredge wings in coating mixture and place on greased tray or baking sheet.
- spray wings lightly with non stick spray to help them crisp and "fry" in the oven.
- Bake wings about 35-40 minutes until crisp and lightly browned.
- While wings bake, put honey and chilis in a saucepan over low heat. The honey will get thin very quickly and once it does you can turn off the heat.
- When wings come out of the oven, place wings in large bowl or plate and drizzle spicy honey mixture all over the wings!
- Dig in and enjoy!