Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30 minute meals for Kids.
Make and share this Crunchy Oven Baked Chicken Toes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the corn flakes into a shallow dish. Crush the cereal up with your hands. Mix in the bread crumbs, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and allspice. Drizzle the vegetable oil over the breading.
- Pour the flour into another shallow dish and the beaten egg into a third shallow dish.
- Turn the chicken in flour, then eggs, and then the breading.
- Arrange chicken toes on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and brown all over.
- Mix together honey mustard and barbecue and use as a dipping sauce.
The kids may like this but, OMG, did you notice how much sodium this one dish contains. More than 1100 mg!!!! I'm going to have to check into this before I make this for my kids.
Yummy! These were so good!I really like the fact that these are baked and not fried. I used whole wheat bread crumbs and I added a few generous dashes of cayenne to the breading for added spiciness since this was for 2 adults! We loved the honey mustard with the bbq sauce although we did use 1/2 cup honeymustard (O'Charley's FF) and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. It was a sweet smokey flavor! I served this with lima beans and sweet potato fries! Thanks for posting! Made for Holiday Tag November 2009!
Yummy!!! I made these tasty little toes using pheasant breast instead of chicken. This is really quick and easy to prepare. I served this on an appetizer night with the mustard/bbq sauce and not being sure if DH would like the sauce I also served bbq sauce, but he loved it. This would make a great kid recipe served with some oven fries. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2009. :)