Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has been around for a very long time. I guess that's because it is very good, a good way to use up that leftover pork, and it's quick and easy to make.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked pork roast
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 can chow mein noodles
- In a large bowl, combine soup, milk and soy sauce.
- Add pork, celery, water chestnuts, green onions, and pimiento.
- Fold in 1 cup of chow mein noodles.
- Spoon into a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole, or pie dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining noodles.
- Bake in at 375°F.
- for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This just wasn't a hit with anyone here. It was so tasteless and bland. The noodles folded into the mixture were soggy so no crunch there. Perhaps some kind of spicy seasoning would help but my menfolk don't want me to make it again.
My mother used to make this but with chicken it is great thank you