Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another "do ahead" light and easy dessert. It seems to please everyone I've served it to. Chill time is not included in prep time.
- 2 cups bran flakes, slightly crumbled
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 package sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- Combine cereal, coconut and margarine.
- Press onto bottom of 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 10- 12 minutes and cool.
- Dissolve jelly powder in boiling water.
- Blend in yogurt.
- Chill until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- Beat jelly mixture until light and fluffy.
- Drain orange sections and place on pie shell (reserve a few for garnish).
- Pour yogurt mixture into pie shell and chill 3 hours or overnight.