1/1 Photo of Crunchy Orange-Chicken Salad
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This salad is simply delish! I'm always asked for the recipe when I make it for potlocks. It's light and very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup nestle carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped, boneless, skinless
- 3 large celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 head lettuce leaf
- 1Combine sugar, flour and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; gradually stir in evaporated milk, orange juice and egg.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until dressing just comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- 3Remove from heat. Cover; refrigerate until cool.
- 4Combine chicken, celery, nuts, dressing and green onion in large bowl.
- 5Gently stir in oranges.
- 6Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7Serve over lettuce.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Orange-Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 516.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 27.8 g