Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm posting for safekeeping. Thought it might be good for leftover real mashed potatoes instead of boxed.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box mashed potatoes (recipe calls for Betty Crocker homestyle creamy butter or roasted garlic(or use equivalent leftover )
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat milk, water and margarine to boiling. Stir in contents of both pouches of potatoes (from potatoes box) just until moistened; let stand 1 minute. Stir with fork until smooth. Stir in corn.
- Spoon half of potato mixture into dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 each of the cheese and onions. Top with remaining potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.