Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
French fried onions add flavor and crunch. For extra crunchy - microwave the onions 1-2 minutes. Recipe from French's.
- 4 cups washed and torn salad greens
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cut into cubes
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch radish, sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions (I use French's)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey dijon mustard
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- In a 3 quart staight sided glass dish, layer salad ingredients in the order given.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.
Spring PAC 2008: The crunchy onions take this salad to a whole new level!! I would have never thought to add them and now I will never leave them out!! Delicious!
GREAT! I followed the recipe exactly as written. Add some crusty bread and you have a wonderful meal-in-a-salad! Do use a clear glass bowl - the presentation is beautiful. Thanks, Lorac. This recipe is a keeper!