1 hr 5 mins
This unusual but healthy chicken recipe is from the "Dietwise" column of the Thursday magazine dated Dec 25-31'03. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
pcs. of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate the chicken pieces with lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 3In a bowl, combine together oatmeal, chili powder, black pepper powder and the remaining salt.
- 4In another bowl, lightly whip an egg white with 1 tbsp water.
- 5Drain chicken well, dip into egg white and then into the oatmeal mixture to coat each piece evenly.
- 6Place on a well-greased tray.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes on one side.
- 8Turn onto the other side and bake for 15 minutes on the other side until the chicken pieces are well browned.
- 9Serve hot with tomato or chili sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Oatmeal Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 521.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 38.0 g