Crunchy Oat White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- With electric mixer, beat shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and the salt.
- With your hands, add shortening mixture and and stir well.
- Add chocolate chips& the nuts; stir by hand.
- Chill dough at least a half hour until the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto greased insulated cookie sheet.
- Bake 16-18 minutes until cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for a minute, then cool on rack.