Recipe by Jen T
This is nice on its own with milk or use to make my 'Breakfast Cranachan', a mixture of cereal, raspberries and yogurt.
Top Review by kristimetz
This is a super simple and really great granola cereal. I used real maple syrup and I also added 1/4 cup of oat bran. You can easily substitute other nuts, I basically use whatever is on hand when I make it now. Tastes great, extremely filling, and very nutritious! Not to mention easy and fast. It's the perfect breakfast.
- 1 1⁄4 cups large rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups roughly chopped pecans (you can use almonds or hazelnuts if you prefer, or a mixture)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread onto a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
- Leave to cool then break up into clumps and serve.
- *This mixture will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, stored in a cool dry place.