Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great yummy side, snack or main dish. Someone emailed me this recipe and I tryed it and found it very good.
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sauteed in water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Put in a large glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Is good the next day.
- Also good w/ lettuce and ketchup.
- You can also add some meat (sausage) if you want a more fully meal.
This was nice, though not overly special. I used white rice instead of brown, and grated carrots instead of celery. I also used a mixture of walnuts and almonds. Even after 40 minutes of baking, the dish didn't really set into a "loaf"... then again, maybe it wasn't supposed to. This is a good way to use leftovers.