Recipe by WizzyTheStick
The sweet of the fruit and carrot in this pretty coloured salad makes it appealing to my 18 mth old. He also eats it as a spread in bread.
Top Review by Derf
Well, I'm not too sure of this one! Had a hard time getting it to start grating, so added as suggested a splash of milk, then I over processed it before I realized. DH said it looked like baby food, sorry! The flavour was very good though and the walnuts did add some crunch. I may try it again next time I make slaw. Thanks for posting an interesting recipe.
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped) or 2 tablespoons unsalted cashew pieces (chopped)
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 apple, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more to taste)