Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The sweet of the fruit and carrot in this pretty coloured salad makes it appealing to my 18 mth old. He also eats it as a spread in bread.
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped) or 2 tablespoons unsalted cashew pieces (chopped)
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 apple, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- Put all the ingredients except walnut pieces in a blender and process until all ingredients are combined and vegetables are grated.
- A splash of milk can be added if the mixture is too dry and difficult to process.
- Mix in walnut pieces.
Well, I'm not too sure of this one! Had a hard time getting it to start grating, so added as suggested a splash of milk, then I over processed it before I realized. DH said it looked like baby food, sorry! The flavour was very good though and the walnuts did add some crunch. I may try it again next time I make slaw. Thanks for posting an interesting recipe.
An OUTSTANDING coleslaw as well as a spread! I used the blender on only half of the indicated ingredients & finely chopped the rest. I also used 4 tablespoons of mayo. THEN, I made 4 sandwiches of dense winter wheat bread, spreading cream cheese on one slice & the 'slaw on the other! Very tasty, & I'll be making this recipe again! Many thanks!
I had to do some amount adjustments to this, there is definately not enough mayo for this recipe, also this is pretty much just one serving, well two at the most, I also added in some green onions, lot's black pepper and some salt, thanks for sharing de Roche!...Kitten