Recipe by LMillerRN
Customizing these candies is a snap. Just choose the nuts -- either macadamias or pecans -- then blend them with toasted coconut and the chocolate of your choice.
- 4 dozen paper baking cups (candy cups)
- 2 2⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups pecans or 1 (6 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 2⁄3 cups white chocolate or 2 2⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the glaze
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate or 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate, melted with
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 4 miniature muffin pans with candy cups; set them aside. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the coconut and nuts on separate cookie sheets. Bake each until golden brown, about 9 minutes for the nuts and 10 for the coconut, stirring every few minutes to keep them from burning. Let them cool.
- Combine the toasted coconut and nuts in a medium-size bowl. Melt the chocolate chips -- white or semisweet -- in the microwave according to the package directions. Add the melted chocolate to the coconut mixture; stir well. Drop the mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls into the candy cups. Chill until set, about 45 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate according to the package directions. Pour the contents into a ziplock bag. Snip off a small corner of the bag, then drizzle the chocolate over the clusters. Chill until the glaze is set, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.