Recipe by GzNKz4evr
This recipe was given to me quite some time ago by a friend of the family. My husband is not a big cookie lover, but he loved these, so I requested the recipe. Shortening can be substituted for butter for a crispier cookie.
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except flour and walnuts in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour until well mixed.
- Add walnuts. You can substitute any nut you prefer.
- Variation: I have occasionally omitted the nuts for chocolate chips - or used both. I would almost say they are better than the toll house recipe.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes on a cookie sheet.