Shannon Fernekes's Note:
I ate this interesting salad at a friendly get-together. Years later, I came across a similar salad recipe in a cook book that was made by my nephew's elementary school in New Jersey. I made it for a football party and it scored well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads napa cabbage
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (green onion)
- 2 packages ramen noodles (a.k.a. Oodles of Noodles any flavor)
- 2 packages slivered almonds
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup butter
Crunchy Noodle Salad Dressing
- 1Remove heavy, thick veins from cabbage.
- 2Shred cabbage and combine with scallions.
- 3Break noodles, discarding flavor packages.
- 4melt butter in medium frying pan.
- 5Add noodles, almonds and Sesame seeds.
- 6Brown mixture, stirring occasionally.
- 7Mix all ingredients for salad dressing.
- 8Add dressing just before serving.
- 9DO NOT mix with cabbage until you are ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.3
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 278.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: