Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I ate this interesting salad at a friendly get-together. Years later, I came across a similar salad recipe in a cook book that was made by my nephew's elementary school in New Jersey. I made it for a football party and it scored well.
- 2 heads napa cabbage
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (green onion)
- 2 packages ramen noodles (a.k.a. Oodles of Noodles any flavor)
- 2 packages slivered almonds
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Crunchy Noodle Salad Dressing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- Remove heavy, thick veins from cabbage.
- Shred cabbage and combine with scallions.
- Break noodles, discarding flavor packages.
- melt butter in medium frying pan.
- Add noodles, almonds and Sesame seeds.
- Brown mixture, stirring occasionally.
- Mix all ingredients for salad dressing.
- Add dressing just before serving.
- DO NOT mix with cabbage until you are ready to serve.
I loved this salad, I added grilled teriaki strips of chicken breast and I couldn\\\'t get enough.It made a great lunch. It was simple and inexpensive to make.good job!! Lisa from Washington state.