Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
A great recipe for kids to cook.
Top Review by Linorama
Fun recipe - my family really enjoyed it! I made some changes -- veggie dogs, soy cheese for hubby & me (dairy for daughter), soy milk, and a different chip. Since we don't care for nacho Doritos, I crushed up some plain tortilla chips. I mixed up some taco seasoning leaving out the salt, and then mixed the spice into the chips to taste - going for a strongly spiced chip but not overpowering. They turned out perfect -- a big hit. Thanks for the idea!
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup crushed nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease cookie sheet. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place cheese slices on rectangles; place hot dog in center of each. Fold short sides of dough over hot dogs; roll up each. Press edges to seal. Brush rolls with milk; roll in crushed chips. Place rolls, seam side down, on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. If desired, serve with ketchup, salsa or sour cream.