Recipe by mollypaul
Try this healthy quickbread either warm or cooled. From an old newspaper clipping.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal, either regular or 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture with bananas and milk.
- Stir in peanuts and turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for an hour or until bread tests done.
- Cool ten minutes; turn out of pan to finish cooling.