Crunchy Mississippi Catfish With Jalapeno Mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk, mixing until combined. In a second bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip catfish fillet in buttermilk mixture. Then dip in cornmeal mix, making sure the fillet is totally coated. Place on a piece of wax paper and repeat with remaining fillets.
- Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a pan and heat. Place catfish fillets in hot oil and cook each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until the coating is golden brown and the inside looks done.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the jalapeno mayonnaise. Mix until smooth.
- Serve fillets with the mayonnaise on the side.