Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a Super Food Magazine (Oct. 2002). Store in the fridge - great in lunch boxes. Dried fruit can be changed to crushed nuts. Chill time is cooking time.
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 50 g butter
- 1 cup milo
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice bubbles (Rice Crispies)
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (sultanas, raisins, chopped dates or apricots glace cherries etc)
- Place the condensed milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute, stir and heat for anther minute on high.
- Pour in milo, stir to combine.
- Add the rice bubbles and fruit - stir well.
- Pour into a greased 18x28cm tin and press firmly with wet hands.
- Chill for 2-3 hours (or until firm) slice and place in an an airtight container and keep in the fridge.