Recipe by foodtvfan
Another goodie from Taste of Home magazine. I couldn't find kohlrabi so I just added a couple more radishes. Preparation time is approximate.I poured the cooled portion of the dressing into a measuring cup to make it easier to pour over the veggies.A great make-ahead recipe too.
Top Review by IngridH
We found this to be way too sweet. I have to wonder if you meant tablespoons of vinegar, rather than teaspoons, as the amount given was hardly enough to disolve the sugar. Thanks for posting, but this is not a marinade that I will use again.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons kohlrabi, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ripe black olives, sliced
- 1 large radish, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 dash italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetables listed.
- Prepare marinade: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and mustard; cook over low heat just until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; cool slightly.
- Add the oil, onion, celery seed and Italian seasoning; whisk until well combined.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with slotted spoon.