Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a staple dish of my childhood and now my own children devour it. You can substitute leftover ham for the Spam.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 can Spam, diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon maggi seasoning (liquid seasoning)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni but don't overcook it-- it needs to be al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, butter a shallow oven-safe baking dish and coat with bread crumbs.
- Drain macaroni and return to pan.
- Add Spam, Maggi and most of the Parmesan.
- Put mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with more bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.