Recipe by mliss29
When my sister and I were little we often made this recipe out of our mom's beat-up old copy of The Cookie Cookbook by Deloris Kitchel Clem, published in 1966. We probably made it a lot because it's made of stuff you usually have on hand.
Top Review by loof
Nice, simple, tasty cookies! Love that they are made with staples that are always on hand, so you can whip up a batch any time! Great dunked in a glass of milk - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Photo Tag's Holiday Cookie Exchange 2009
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend butter, brown sugar, egg, & vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend with wet.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes.
- When done, remove immediately to wire rack.
- Cookies will be soft when baked but will wrinkle while cooling.