This salad makes a nice, light lunch when served over top of lettuce greens. It also makes a nice salad filling for pita bread. One of my summer favorites! Prep and cooking times do not include time to cook chicken.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces lbs green seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- Mix together chicken, water chestnuts, and celery.
- Blend together sour cream, mayonnaise, curry powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over chicken mixture and mix to combine.
- Stir in grapes.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.