Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't really care for fish all that much, but decided to try this recipe one night out of a change of pace. I was shocked that the fish actually turned out tasting really good; almost like real fried fish! My husband, who usually won't eat any seafood, really liked this dish too. Please keep in mind that you may need a little more of the ingredients than this recipe calls for such as the cornflakes, depending on how crunchy you want your fish. I used a little more when I made it. Hope you like it!
- 2 frozen flounder fillets, thawed slightly in microwave
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- Heat oven to 500 degrees and spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Thaw the fish in microwave until the fish is tender.
- In med.
- bowl mix together the sour cream, lemon juice and chili powder.
- Dip the fish sour cream mixture then coat the fish with the corn flake crumbs.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle the margarine over the fish.
- (The "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" spray also works if you want an even lower fat and calorie dish.) Bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily w/ a fork.
- ****I suggest to prevent the fish sticking to the pan, spray the baking pan a little before the fish goes in.
- I didn't spray it and the fish ended up sticking a little.
Very Disappointed after reading mostly positive reviews. Didn't particularly like the corn flake topping.
This was pretty good. I used half nonfat Greek yogurt and half light sour cream to cut down on the calories. The only problem I had was that I personally thought the sour cream mixture was a little bland so I added a sprinkle of garlic powder and some Creole seasoning. I wound up using around 3 cups of cornflakes but I made 6 pieces of fish (4 large and 2 small). I also doubled the amounts for the coating sauce and it was plenty for all of the fish. I didn't have any problems with the breading on the bottom getting overly mushy (I expected it to happen a bit) and the whole family liked it. Thank you for another fish recipe to add to our collection!
i tried it family loved it!!! thanks!