Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A plethora of fresh vegetables adorn this dip recipe. Goes well with my Pesto Pita Wedges Pesto Pita Wedges to create a healthy, low-fat snack or appetizer.
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely choppped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped jalapeno pepper (opitional)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, onions, scallions, red peppers, chives, carrots, cider vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, hot pepper sauce, jalapeno peppers (if using), salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well.
- Set in the fridge 2 to 3 hours before serving.
A delicious dip that introduces lots of crunch and flavor that makes it so easy to enjoy. A word of caution on the resting time. It was terrific right after mixing up, had it a few hours later and it was even better. By the next day, the onion was starting to come on a bit strong and a wee bit bitter, perhaps too much for most but those who just loooooove onions. So make it ahead of time but not too far ahead and don't make much more than what you are planning to use in a day or so. Thanks Carla.
I love onion dip. With this I omited the carrots as I'm not a huge fan of carrots and instead of the sour cream I used reduced cream. Thanks for a great recipe!
Thanks for a really tasty dip recipe! I made this a few days ago to serve with crudites and was not dissappointed. I left out the jalapeno peppers but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It was most delicious!