Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite lemon chicken recipe. Low fat too : ) Really good with some basmati rice. Make sure you top the chicken with the sauce at the last minute before serving, or it will make the crunchy topping soggy.
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Line cookie sheet with foil, place in oven and heat to 450.
- In shallow dish combine cornflake crumbs, giner and pepper. Mix well. In a small bowl, beat egg white, water and soy sauce until frothy.
- Brush both sides of chicken with egg white mixture; place in crumb mixture. Spoon crumbs over to coat evenly.
- Place chicken on pre-heated cookie sheet and bake until juices run clear, about 15-20 minutes.
- Make sauce: combine broth and cornstarch and mix until smooth. Add honey, lemon juice, ketchup and garlic powder. Mix well. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon peel.
- To serve, cut chicken breasts crosswise into 6 or 7 pieces, spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with onions.