Recipe by Tebo
A change from grilling, this crunchy lime flavoured swordfish worked well for me! Served with asparagus and baked potato, it made a nice light meal. Prep time includes marinade time.
Top Review by Island Chef
This is a wonderful recipe. I substituted Striped Marlin for the Swordfish and it was delicious. Originally from the Chesapeake Bay area, Iuse Olde Bay seasoning. I doubled the batch and fish, it heated up really well for lunch the next day. I served it with Teriyaki Citrus rice.
- 2 medium swordfish steaks
- 1 lime, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning or 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade fish in juice of 1/2 lime and 2 Tbs olive oil for 1/2 to 3/4 hours Mix flour, corn meal and old bay seasoning.
- Dredge swordfish in mix and shake off excess.
- Heat 1 Tbs of butter and 1 Tbs olive oil in fry pan (cast iron being best).
- Fry swordfish approx 4 minutes per side or until done.
- Squeeze addition lime juice on swordfish if desired.