Recipe by Chef mariajane
Ligh and tangy, satisfyingly crunchy, these easy squares are an ideal afternoon treat, and perfect for wedding showers and teas.
- 1 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly-packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, flour, coconut, nuts, sugar, baking powder, and butter until crumbly. Pat 1/2 of crumb mixture evenly on bottom of 9x9 parchment paper-lined baking pan. Reserve other half.
- In medium bowl, combine Eagle Brand , Lemon juice and rind, Pour Eagle Brand Mixture onto crumb layer. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixure on top.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool thoroughly, and cut into squares.