- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ (I usually don't bother to measure I just dump it on a plate)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to 1/2" thickness.
- Combine egg, salt and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture, and dredge in wheat germ.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook on each side until done. Remove chicken & keep warm. Add lemon juice to skillet. Cook over high heat, deglazing skillet by scraping bits that cling to bottom; pour over chicken.