Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals, these are quick to make, and very tasty.
- 4 cups oyster crackers, crushed (enough to yield 1 cup when crushed)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon & herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place crackers in a large plastic bag and crush them to fine crumbs, using a rolling pin or mallet. Add parsley, herb seasoning, salt and cayenne and shake to combine.
- In a separate plastic bag, combine the scallops and mustard. seal the bag, and squish around to coat the scallops with the mustard. Add the scallops to the cracker mixture, seal the bag, and shake to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the scallops from the bag, place in the skillet, and cook until golden brown on the outside and opaque on the inside, about 3 minutes per side.
Wonderful dish, and easy to do on a weeknight. I only made the following adjustments: I used ay scallops (which are smaller and slightly sweeter) because my husband and i went scalloping ourselves. I used saltines because I didn't have oystercrackers, and used less salt (this was as a precautionary...husband and I added salt back in at the table), didn,t have fresh parsley so I used dried (I put this all and the lemon pepper seasoning and cayenne into the food processoe, and when I tastedb it then knew it would be great. I added a little butter with the evoo for sauteing, and tossed with some buttered egg noodles. Served with green beans, and steamed mixed veggies for a balanced and satisfying dinner. Husband and six year old loved it!!!!