Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Tyler Florence (Food Network). It's crunchy, sweet, citrusy, and spicy all in one! A great side dish for Mexican night.
- Peel and cut the jicama into long thin strips.
- Slice the cucumbers in half, scoop out the seeds and then cut into strips similar in size to the jicama strips.
- Peel the mangoes, cut the cheeks off, then slice into wedges.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with the chopped cilantro, powdered chile and lime juice.
- When ready to serve, season with a little salt and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
I hate to rate this a 3, however I followed the directions to a tee and it didn't have much flavor :( I went to other recipes like this and looked at their ingredients and I put together 1TBSP olive oil, 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar, and 1TSP honey and added, that made it a 5!
When making this recipe I did change one thing ~ Since I didn't have dried chilies handy, I used 2 TABLESPOONS of canned green chilies that I'd patted dry with a paper towel & then finely chopped! VERY, VERY TASTY SALAD, & definitely a keeper recipe! Of course, we really enjoy jicama around here, so that makes a big difference! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my last minute adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
this is so yummy!!!!!!! thanks for the GREAT recipe! everyone should try it!