Recipe by mamabear22
This recipe is from Tyler Florence (Food Network). It's crunchy, sweet, citrusy, and spicy all in one! A great side dish for Mexican night.
Top Review by bernettavan
I hate to rate this a 3, however I followed the directions to a tee and it didn't have much flavor :( I went to other recipes like this and looked at their ingredients and I put together 1TBSP olive oil, 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar, and 1TSP honey and added, that made it a 5!
- 1 medium jicama (about 1 pound)
- 2 small cucumbers
- 3 medium mangoes
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaf, plus sprigs, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons powdered dried chilies, any medium heat kind is fine
- 2 limes, juice of
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the jicama into long thin strips.
- Slice the cucumbers in half, scoop out the seeds and then cut into strips similar in size to the jicama strips.
- Peel the mangoes, cut the cheeks off, then slice into wedges.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with the chopped cilantro, powdered chile and lime juice.
- When ready to serve, season with a little salt and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.