Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
I think this would be rather nice in wraps or rotis as well! Zaar insists on calling my 'poppadoms', 'pappadams' .. I don't know why ... From Readers Digest "Quick And Thrifty Cooking In South Africa"
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back to 1 serve for me to take on a 4x4 outing, when making I omitted the banana meaning to add when I put into the wholemeal wrap but they had been eaten for morning tea but I do think making the day before really helped to bring the flavours out and I really enjoyed and will certainly be making again. Thank you Karen Elizabeth, made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 275 g cooked chicken, pulled into strips
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 firm banana
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 8 small pappadams
- 1⁄4 cucumber, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chicken thoroughly with the mango chutney, curry paste, banana, peanuts, red pepper and spring onions.
- Carefully toast the poppadoms on both sides (not too close to the grill), until golden and crisp.
- Quickly sandwich together in pairs with the prepared chicken mixture and sliced cucumber, and serve immediately.