Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Anyone who has tried name-brand Cinnamon Chex knows that they are absolutely delicious. Maybe you thought you could make it at home for cheaper? Maybe healthier? YOU CAN! And this recipe won't make the cereal gummy, either! Most recipes call for some liquid, such as melted butter, to moisten the cereal so that the seasonings and spices will stick... but if you've tried and failed, you know why. Some pieces get drenched, and some don't get coated at all. It's a mess. THIS method creates a much more homogeneous and tasty alternative!
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1⁄3 cup stevia (MUST BE FOR BAKING or your amounts will be off. You could use real sugar if you prefer, but this is )
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray
- Warm a pan over low heat. Mix stevia and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour cereal into pan, spreading into an even layer. (Careful! The cereal browns very quickly).
- Spray generously with non-stick spray. Quickly toss cereal and spray lightly again to get the most even coating.
- Turn off heat. Add cinnamon-stevia mixture. Toss until all pieces are coated.
- Spread cereal on a tray to cool.
- NOTE: The non-stick spray moistens the cereal *just enough*, and even better - IT HAS NO CALORIES. And no added sugar! Stevia is a natural, calorie-free sweetener that you can feel good about! However, if you're a die-hard user of butter, you could melt about a tablespoon and put it in a small spritz bottle from the dollar store. That way, you still get the even distribution that the spray offers.