Recipe by kelly in TO
Recipe from Manitoba Harvest. A blender works very well to mix together the honey, oil, and spices.
- 1 1⁄4 cups shelled hemp seeds
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
- 3⁄4 cup rye flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil or 1⁄3 cup hemp seed oil or 1⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl combine the dries and mix well. In a seperate bowl whisk together the oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until blended, then pour over the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
- Put the mixture in a 12"x18"x3" roasting pan. Bake 2 1/2 - 3 hours at 250 F, stirring every half hour, or until granola is evenly light brown in color and mostly dry.
- Let cool completely. Serve with dried fruit and milk of your choice. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Note: A blender works very well to mix together the honey, oil, and spices.