Recipe by Sharon123
I was doing some research on hazelnuts and came across this yummy recipe. Adapted from the Hazelnut Council. Enjoy!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran (or wheat bran)
- 1⁄4 cup cystalized ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (grapeseed or sunflower oil recommended)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried fruit, chopped (cranberries, apricots, raisins, cherries, etc.)
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, hazelnuts, wheat germ, bran and crystalized ginger in a large bowl.
- Whisk orange juice, sugar, oil, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. until well blended. Stir orange juice mixture into oat mixture until blended.
- Spread mixture in a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan(or cookie sheet).
- Bake at 325* F. for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown and dry.
- Place mixture in a large bowl. Stir in dried fruit until blended. This will make about 8 cups.
- To assemble parfait:.
- Layer 1/4 cup each granola mix , yogurt and fresh fruit in a parfait glass. Repeat layering. Garnish with granola and fresh fruit.